The Harrastus Neuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prequel

3 posters

Go down

Prequel       Empty Prequel

Post by Nalden Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 pm

EXTERIOR: HYPERSPACE. A lone Lancer-class frigate shoots through hyperspace. The stars nothing more than streaks of white light. After a few seconds the hyperdrive disengages and moves the ship back to realspace.
EXTERIOR: SOCORRO. Into full view now comes the desert world of Socorro. Light from the red giant star reflecting of the black desert sands of the planet. A small group of transport ships leaves the planet and jumps to hyperspace. An instant later a frigate bursts into view and makes for the lone planet.
EXTERIOR: VAKEYYA. A small freighter is landing at the spaceport Soco-Jarel which extends for several kilometers in a sprawling mosaic of inner docking pads and outer flight moors. In the late afternoon sun, the vessels appear to be banthas dozing in the desert haze. A pair of pilots make their way from the spaceport to a tavern located across the sandy street.
INTERIOR: THE BLACK DUST TAVERN. Two scruffy looking humanoids enter the tavern. Ceiling fans work their best to keep out the afternoon heat. They make their way to the bar, take a seat and order drinks. Behind the bar a moustached man greets the pair with booming voice.
The camera angles away from the bar to a niche at the far side of the tavern. Here, in a semi private niche, sits a lone female. Her hair flowing in the air from the ceiling fan. She appears to be in deep thought, as if thinking back about an event that happened more than a decade ago.

Cut to....
Lumei Halgha
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://harrastusneuk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prequel       Empty Re: Prequel

Post by Ciary Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Lumei picks another small piece of electric wire out of her pocket. she grabs the hair hanging loose and ties it into a second ponytail. she was deep in thought thinking about what led her here. She didn't like this place. it wasn't home. she wanted to be home.
Lumei starred at her drink thinking about home. in front of her she saw the minds of her parents. she closed her eyes and shook her head. that hadn't been home for a long time. Kiroh's shop was her home. Kiroh was her family.
She grabbed her drink and looked at it. this was her situation now. running from the empire. she looked around. no stormtroopers? good.
She emptied her cup. then put on a fake smile.
"Bartender, another one of these. it's the best drink I had in years!" she yelled across the bar.
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalden Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 pm

The man behind the bar finishes his conversation with the two pilots and walks up to your private niche. He is a middle aged man with brown hair and moustache and some wrinkles around his eyes. You already know his name is Karl Ancher, the owner of this establishment. From what you have heard he is one of the most respected persons in and around Socorro. They say he used to be the best smuggler around. The grandfather of modern smuggling on Socorro. Many up-and-coming pilots look for him to be their mentor.
“Hey kid” he says while he replaces the empty drink on your table with a full one. “What is troubling you?”
You look up “Hmm?” And you sip from your fresh drink.
“Anyway” he says, “thanks for fixing the air blower unit. This one is on the house.” And he walks back towards the bar.
He looks back and suddenly his face is that of your father. “Lumei dinner is ready.” You remember that day as it was yesterday even though you where only 4 years old. Every year since the liberation from the occupation of the Trade Federation people around Naboo celebrate it as a kind of unofficial holiday.
However that year was to be different. While sitting around the table with your family, your mother turns everyone’s attention towards the holovid currently tuned in on HoloNet to catch a glimpse of the celebration in Theed.

Instead of fireworks, it was Imperial troop transports that filled the sky. Most of them headed for Theed while the rest scattered and headed for the towns round Theed.
Stormtroopers with navy blue markings landed in the royal plazas and engaged the nearby Naboo soldiers, quickly securing their landing area.

The Theed Royal Palace was well armed by a grid of powerful particle cannon turrets which were operated by a defense console grid near the palace gates; despite the opposition, Imperials succeeded in establishing a secure offensive surrounding the main gates.

In order to buy time and prevent an escape by the queen, the stormtroopers decided to surround the queen and her palace. Focusing all forces on three strategic locations, stormtroopers worked from right to left, and set up a line of defense. Commanders then managed to triangulate the exact position of the main defense grid console, thus allowing the Imperials a clear albeit difficult chance to neutralize the defense turrets.

Stormtroopers, under support fire from a TX-130T fighter tank, worked their way onto the balcony where the auto-turret grid console was guarded. They saturated the area with grenades, killing the guards and destroying the console.

Imperial troopers skirmished with Naboo forces inside Theed Palace. Shortly after the deactivation of the defensive turrets, several Jedi Masters and Padawans the queen was previously suspected and accused of harboring broke free of the castle. The Jedi, though formidable, were outnumbered, surrounded by the elite Imperials, and ultimately exterminated, but not before they killed many of the stormtroopers that attacked them head on.

Faced with no other choice, the queen and her small band of Jedi protectors attempted to flee in an act of desperation, driving themselves among the bulk of the Imperial forces; outmanned and outmaneuvered, the dwindling Jedi protectors were swiftly dispatched, and the queen was terminated.
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalden Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Suddenly you snap out of the flashback you where having because of a familiar voice that you have not heard for some time. Two humanoids just entered the tavern. One a male Falleen with green scales and black hair, the other a female Twil’lek with blue skin. They take a seat in a niche not far from where you are sitting. The male calls for Karl and orders some drinks and a snack to eat. From where do you recognise that voice? It sound more mature though.
You can over hear that the male telling the female “another successful haul on time.”
“Yup” says the female. “It is because we are the best and pilots and got the fastest ship in this sector.”
They cheer glasses and congratulate each other on another job well done.

Lumei. What do you do?
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Lumei is thinking. Where did she hear that voice before.bwas he a customer? Was he maybe with a customer? Or was it someone she had met at the bar? It sounded so familiar.
She decides it's not worth breaking her head over when the person who can answer her question is right there.
She jumps up, disturbing L-TA-1 who was in standby mode on her back. It enabled its propulsor lift and hovered in front of Lumei. It complained about having been woken up without being fully charged. And it had to go through an emergency boot procedure on top of that. It seemed to not like that very much.
Lumei apologized, then asked it to go back to sleep. Still agitated, it refused and stayed hovering next to her. Lumei didn't make this stop her. She went straight to the other table, ignored the Twi'lek and sat down next to her. She stared at the Falleen. She came straight to the point. "Where do I know you from?" The red eye of her droid turned from her to the Falleen.
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by DennisG Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Almost spilling his drink Ivix carefully examines the young lady. His eyes widening his scales shivering.
Suddenly he feels like that young men on the farm. Looking at the young girl who was friends of the kind family who gave him and his master shelter.
His master noticed this and told Ivix to keep a distance so he wouldn't get confused by feelings: "we aren't made to have a family our cause is greater than ourselves". Later that night Ivix couldn't sleep so he went outside.
In the village there was a house were the lights were still on. Ivix went for a look and noticed the girl laughing with her parents.
They noticed me very shortly after. The father came outside and asked me what I was doing outside all alone.
"I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk but I heard laughter over here so I was curious. I'm sorry "
"don't be" the man answered. He invited Ivix inside and let him in on the fun. There were jokes being told some very tasty snacks that her mom brought to us.
"Lumei " the girl said while stretching her hand. "Ivix" I calmly answered. We shook hands and laught to each other.
Ivix smiled and suddenly he opens his eyes;  "you okay" Cic had her hand on my shoulder and looked worried. "I'm fine thanks, take a seat Lumei " said Ivix..

Last edited by DennisG on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

DennisG
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 pm

This was weird. this lizard knew her name. this was unsettling. also it seemed like he did not want to respond. was he with the empire? was he going to arrest her?
Lumei got back up and made a step back. she gave the falleen a worrying look. "who are you?"
she held her hands behind her back. both her stun pistol and ion gun were there. question was, which was which. Lumei repeated a small poem in her head "if a foe of life bereft, one must pick the weapon left. one that tries to stop a bite, should grab the gun picked up with right!" ok, perfect. right hand stungun. left hand ion pistol. got it.
She waited the Falleens response. she only recognized his voice. but he seemed to know her personally
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by DennisG Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:20 pm

With a calming and persuasive voice Ivix talks: "calm down Lumei my name is Ivix, you were young when you first met me but I remember it very clearly now. I was that little kid on naboo that was welcomed in your parents house. Though we never talked much I never forget the hospitality and kindness of you and your parents. Won't you please join us and enjoy a drink from me and maybe join a nice meal".

(side note: Ivix sees that Lumei is very anxious when he said her name so he starts spreading some pheromones to calm the moods while talking to her)

DennisG
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalden Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:11 am

The Falleen suddenly looks and sounds less threatening. Somehow the words of him are very persuasive.
From what you already know Lumei, is that the Empire dislikes aliens. As in non-human. Also the Twi’lek female doesn’t look threatening at all. And she keeps her hands visibly on the table. One hand is even still holding her drink. She speaks in a soft voice and offers for you take a seat again.

You take again your seat at the table and the Falleen offers you something to eat from the plate of snacks they ordered. The Twi’lek speaks to you: “a while back Ivix told me the story of what happened in his childhood. He mentioned you. I assume it is you since he calls you Lumei. He told me that its the only name he remembered. I always bothered him to tell me the story but he said he didn’t want to talk about it. Until recently. Anyway I am Cic’Vasa and I’m pleased to meet you. However I never expected you to turn up here.”
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Lumei vaguely recalls a Falleen having diner with her parents at some point. she didn't immediately trust this odd creature. but afterwards she showed him the workshop where her dad was making some toys for her. Later that night, another stranger would show up to take Ivix away. it was a very vague memory. but she was 4. you just don't remember much from when you were 4.
"I never expected to be here" Lumei mumbled in response to Cic. but it was muted. not something you could normally hear. she picked up a shrimp-like snack. She studied it while speaking "i'm pleased to meet you too. I didn't expect to see someone else from the village here" after a short inspection, she decided it was safe and put the shrimp in her mouth. it was pretty good. tasted a bit like engine grease "or, anywhere really. Being the only survivor of that place". Lumei talks about it like she is detached from the village and the memories. She remembers very little from it. just her parents mostly. 14 years is the majority of her life, so she doesn't feel too much sorrow for their deaths anymore.
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:05 pm

It looked like Ivix was completely dumbfounded by Lumei's coldhearted comment on her home town. Lumei however didn't really pay attention to that. She was on her own and needed some support. someone with a ship maybe. Maybe meeting Ivix again was a blessing.
L-TA-1 made a few noises that roughly translated to "silence ..."
"Yes TA. Are you going back to sleep?"
It complained.
"ok, just don't complain when you're low on battery"
Lumei turned to Ivix "How did you get out?"
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by DennisG Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:48 pm

Ivix took a sip from his drink and turned to Lumei: "It was a dark day indeed, my master..."
Ivix paused and looked down for an instance after that he takes a deep breath and looks up again:
"my master sacrificed her life for me in order to make sure I would survive. She gave me coordinates where she has hidden a ship that could take me away from Naboo. I had no choice I wasn't prepared for this..
I fled to the mining colony around this planet where I lived a solitary life until I met Chic she has kept me company ever since." Ending his words with a smile while looking at Chic The tension in his voice seems to be faded.
Chic answers: "yeah without me you would be lost or perhaps crashed in the astroid belt, good thing you have me right." Laughter followed while drinking.

"I'm happy that I meet you again you've grown up in quite the yougn lady. what do you do for a living now?"

DennisG
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalden Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm

While you are asking that question, you hardly notice a muscular Kajain'sa'Nikto is standing next to the table. The Nikto has a red scaled skin with a series of forehead ridges and small facial horns surrounding his eyes and on his chin. His nose is covered with a movable flap of skin. There is a buttstock of a slugthrower visible behind his back.
He seems to ignore Chic and Lumei while he addresses Ivix directly while at the same time taking a chair from another table and seats himself next to Ivix.
He speaks his words in broken Basic: “Shouldn’t you be hauling cargo Ivix? Money doesn’t come falling from the skies. Do not worry. Payday is not up yet. Just a ‘friendly’ reminder to let you know Abdi-Badawzi wants his payment soon.”
Still ignoring the other company at the table, he kind of stares at you Ivix. Trying to predict your next move.
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DennisG Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:21 pm

With a friendly tone and a smile: "Nothing to worry everything is on schedule, we were just celebrating our successful haul for today."  
Ivix keeps a close eye on the Nikto.
Chic already did the same while her hand reaches for her holstered blaster pistol, not yet drawing it but ready just in case.

DennisG
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 am

Nisha laughed along. she didn't exactly know why it was funny but it sounded funny. crashing into things. always a good time. she was ready to answer Ivix when their chat got interrupted.
"hey excuse me? it's rude to just barge in here and interrupt the conversation we're having"
then she grabbed a snack from the plate
"But have a snack. they're delicious"
Lumei takes another one for herself too and bites from it
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalden Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:59 am

“Honestly I don’t care gurly. Anyway, thanks for the snack”. He reaches across the table, his vibroknife sheath attached to his chest dangling close to the table. He munches on the snack while turning his attention back to Ivix.
“Good for you business is going good petaQ. I hate to have to remove one of you digits on that hand of yours just to make sure Abdi-Badawzi is going to get his money on time”.
He swallows the rest of the snack and stands up from the chair. “Five days petaQ. We will meet here again to collect your monthly payment. And leave your Qovpatlh at home next time”.
With that he turns around and makes for the door of the tavern.
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:15 am

Lumei stares him out of the door "I wonder what his problem was?"
She turns back to Ivix, and reaches for the snacks only to find out they are all gone. "I'm in between jobs right now. also looking for a place to stay. since you're familiar with this place, you don't happen to know a good place? and maybe some place where they might need a mechanic?"
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by DennisG Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Ignoring the nikto when he's out Ivix answers the question: "As it happens we need a mechanic, it would definitely help us out so much. If you'd like I can put in a good word for you with our boss." Chic nods agreeing with Ivix his words. "if you can keep our ship healthy we can maybe do a extra haul in a day!" While Ivix is laughing and ordering an extra round for the table Chic turns to Lumei: "haven't seen him so happy in a long time but I look forward in working together"

DennisG
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Lumei was surprised to be offered a job. And as a ship mechanic no less. She had no experience at that. She had to think long and h-
"Okay! Deal!"
Lumei accepted with a smile. L-TA-1 eye closed slightly and it hovered up and down. Almost like it smiled and nodded like its master. Lumei had no idea what to expect or what she would get payed. But if she was unhappy they would know. Right now she just needed a place to stay. A small concern creeped into her mind. Did she really trust these people? She barely knew Ivix and she was a fugitive. What stopped them from just handing her over to the authorities.
"They will know not to do that" she thought.
Lumei turned to cic and asked the question stuck in her mind ever since she accepted. "So what is it exactly that you 2 do?"
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalden Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 pm

EXTERIOR: ORBIT. A lone Lancer-class frigate floats high above the desert world of Socorro on the far edge of the shipping lane. The red giant just a shimmer above the curvature of the planet. Suddenly two vessels appear from a ventral hangar as bats from a cave ceiling. One of the craft heads to the surface of the planet, the other to the opposite direction before dissapearing into hyperspace.
EXTERIOR: VAKEYYA. Darkness is trying to take hold of the the city was it not for the lights that give the whole area a yellowish hue. The spaceport is still receiving ships full with ore from the Thrugii Asteroid Belt. A YT-2400 freighter comes out from the clouds hovering above the spaceport and sets down in one of the many dockng bay the spaceport has.
EXTERIOR: THE BLACK DUST TAVERN. A red scaled Nikto is sitting on a crate near the entrance of the tavern. His attention goes to a human male in some kind of uniform which looks like it is freshly washed. The human looks around like he is lost before deciding to head for the tavern.
INTERIOR: THE BLACK DUST TAVERN.  A human male in a dark blue uniform steps through the entrace into the tavern. He is looking around as if looking for someone in particular. A few moment pass before he takes a seat at the bar.
The camera angles to a private niche at the far side of the tavern. Three humanoids are enjoying some drinks and snacks while exchanging stories or experiences to each other.
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalden Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:28 pm

As night comes again to Vakeyya, you are still sitting at the same table as a few hours ago. Stories and experiences are being exchanged as you are interupted by the familiar booming voice of Karl.
"Can i help you sir?" Karl says to the male in the dark blue uniform. The male is hesitating. Not sure what to answer. "Uhm yeah give me an Alderaan Ruge Liqueur." he says with full confidence.
"Hey man, what do you think this place is? Coruscant? We don't serve those kind of fancy drinks here." a loud voiced Karl shouts through the tavern.
"Give me an ale then please." the male says unmoved.
The shouting of Karl sure takes your attention away from the table. As you look over to the male in the dark blue uniform you, notice that both the uniform and the person wearing it just stepped out from a bath. It has been a long time since you have seen anyone that clean in a place like this.

Ivix, Lumei. What do you do?
Nalden
Nalden
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciary Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Lumei stares at the back of this blue uniform, picturing what this person looks like from the front. it isn't pretty. someone dressed so well can only be compensating for something.
"You know, he probably has a hideous scar on his nose. or he's a eunich" Lumei interrupts Ivix telling his story by randomly throwing that out.
Lumei isn't that surprised to see a well-dressed person around here. after all, it is not that rare in theed, and she has no experence with mining colonies. She only knows he stands out
Ciary
Ciary
3rd Year Cadet
3rd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by DennisG Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:53 am

Ivix looks at the man's uniform to see if he notices a badge or something else that defines his look.
(Whispering) "I think he's from that frigate in orbit that we saw when we went this way"
Chic replies with despise towards the man: "his kind doesn't belong here what is his business here?"

DennisG
2nd Year Cadet
2nd Year Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum